Sunday, January 12, 2014

A New Home... For Now...: Hawaii



My dear sister, Addison, says that I need to be better about keeping my blog up to date since she and I are ditching the Facebook machine tomorrow. In the spirit of New Year's resolutions, here's to weekly updates! Anyway, since I last posted in October I have not set any new records, I haven't started dating anyone (much to my parent's chagrin), I have not started any new hobbies, and I didn't get a 4.0 in my last semester at BYU-Provo. That may seem pretty boring, but let's also review some other things that I didn't do. I didn't burn down a building. I didn't get arrested. I didn't do drugs. And I don't wear socks and sandals at the same time. I'd say I'm doing pretty well in life. The most important occurrence was my departure from the mainland of the U.S. of A to the sunny state of Hawaii where I will be spending the next 2.5 academic years in the town of Laie at BYU-Hawaii.

 Pretty cool, eh? I live one block away from the Laie, Hawaii temple and four blocks from the beach. Beat that*! I spent my first Saturday hiking up Crouching Lion. It only took a couple hours, mostly because we stopped a lot to look out at the ocean. It's rather breathtaking. This past week my To Do list was packed. I had to see an adviser, find a job, register for classes, buy books, etc. Fortunately, I was successful in every endeavor except buying books because my books are going to cost a record breaking $600 this semester. I have to take out a separate loan for a set of books I'll only use once! Anyhoo, I'm living with my uncle, Spencer, who is only two years older than me and is also a student here. Hopefully I can make some friends quickly because he's getting married, and I'll need a new roommate. I don't have much else to report. I'll make sure to take some pics this week to share with all you lovely people**.



* I don't actually encourage pointless competitiveness and really don't care if you can top it because it's not that hard to top. Having said that, if you have an epic story I would love to hear it and even if you don't have an epic story and just want to talk that's fine, too. I like to listen.
**I don't pretend that my blog is read by millions. By the term "all" I mean my three faithful readers. If you're new to this blog I just want to say PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP ON ME! I'll get better at this.


2 comments:

  1. Hello my name is Jenna and I read your blog let's be friends I'm gonna move to Hawaii to be your friend. I'll totally pull a Mulan and pretend to be a boy so I could be your new roomie. Great idea, me! Thanks, me. You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading, Jenna! I'm sorry I don't really have an opening for a roommate, but we could definitely be friends.

    ReplyDelete