Sunday, February 9, 2014

Baptisms and Old Photos: Hawaii

I'm sitting here watching a movie. I've seen in nearly a dozen times, but it's still so awesome. It's called Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration and you can watch it here. Whether you are a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or not this movie is full of truth and I can promise that you will feel the Spirit of God. If you have any questions after watching feel free to comment below or check out this website here. 
On a related note, I also had the great opportunity to offer a prayer at the baptism of an awesome guy. His name is Joel, and he investigated and learned about the church for a year before he decided that it was true and that he wanted to be baptized. The Spirit was incredibly strong and I couldn't think of a better way to spend my Saturday night. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who watches over and cares for us. Hard things happen. Life isn't easy, but we can always rely on the love of God. In a world that's always changing we can find stability in His unchanging grace and strength.
I was recently reading the blog of a friend of mine in Provo. Her name is Emily. She and I were both anatomy TA's at BYU. Her blog is pretty awesome. It's called Imagine Sunshine. I was definitely inspired to look at the world with a little more gratitude. Also, I was reminded how much I miss being a TA. I loved every second of teaching that I got to do. I had brilliant students, less than brilliant students, annoying students, and awesome students and I loved helping each and every one of them.
Anyway, as far as normal every day life goes not much has changed. I still go to class every day, work a few hours a week, and basically try not to get too swamped down with homework and such. I did have a nice break in the normal routine yesterday. A high school friend of mine, Amy, and her husband Sean were here on a business trip and I got to see them which was so nice.
Life is good, people. The snow may pile up, the sky might be grey, but life is good.


On a completely unrelated track I am going to post some more pictures of China just because I can.

Yuantouzhu
Yuantouzhu
This is a building in one of the gardens we visited. We visited several
and unfortunately I can't remember which one this is...
We took a cruise down the Grand Canal of China. Admittedly, when I heard
that we were taking a cruise I expected beautiful scenery and such.
It didn't fit my idea of beautiful, but it was so cool to see people
living on their barges. They would have clothes strung out on lines, kitchens, and some
even had gardens.

Oh, I forgot to mention something important! My uncle Spencer is climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro in honor of my aunt and grandma who both passed away after fighting lengthy battles with cancer. Here is the link to his fundraising sight. It's a good cause! The money he raises will go to building a cancer center in Africa.

Also, my friend, Wendi, just informed me that she bought her ticket to Hawaii. I'm so stoked for the epic adventures to come this August!

No comments:

Post a Comment